Archives

Meet Technical Support Specialist Kristin Keys

keysk

General Info

Name: Kristin Keys

Job Title: Technical Support Specialist

Department/Unit: Information Technology

Years at UIndy: 1 year 8 months

Alma mater: Central State University and Wright State University

Short Answers

How did you get started working in IT? While working on my undergrad degree at Central State University, I had a few IT internship opportunities as well as majoring in Computer Science/mathematics and continued education at Wright State University where I received my master’s degree in Information Systems.

What exciting projects are you working on? I am working on certifications for growth within our IT environment.

What’s the most rewarding part of your job? The customer satisfaction, and when my hard work is recognized.

What is the most challenging part of your job? Making sure all of the technology in each classroom across campus is functioning properly and keeping the “how to” instructions updated for the faculty/staff.

If you could switch your job with anyone else within UIndy, whose job would you want? I would switch jobs with our system administrator or assistant vice president.

What do you do when you’re not working at UIndy?

I’m a gym rat.

I praise dance.

I have a small business creating and designing multiple styles of invitations (wedding, bridal shower, baby shower, save the dates, graduation, etc.)

What advice would you give to F/S or students about technology at UIndy? Please take care of the equipment used in classrooms so that it does not delay your availability to teach and learn.

Lightning Round

Favorite piece of technology equipment:

My Laptop (MacBook Air)

Windows or Mac:

Mac

Favorite city:

Hometown Cleveland

Least favorite food:

Steak

Best ‘90s jam:

Bell Biv DeVoe “Poison”

Favorite quote:

“There is nothing greater that you can say to GOD than ‘thank you, thank you.’” – Maya Angelou

Android or iOS:

iOS

Favorite board game or video game:

Board Game: Monopoly

Video Game: Call of Duty

Right- or left-handed: Right- Handed